Dragonfly Technical Page
(Nothing on this page is meant to condone a departure from the Dragonfly plans or approved modifications.)
Read all about it!
I have designed a Glass Cockpit with a computerized Flight Management System that includes a moving map display, all flight instruments, and an autopilot.
8 instruments in the panel are replaced with a single LCD display.
- Nate Rambo's Dissertation on VW engines, December 11, 1997
- New "Morris DF Loop" antenna for Dragonfly and Q-2
- And you thought a Ballistic Recovery System (BRS) was a modern-day invention? Take a look at this 1930 Popular Science article on a BRS wayyy back then.
- Nate Rambo's Dissertation on Flutter, June 23, 1997
- Computing gear loads on the Hoop Style Gear, from Landing Gear Design for Light Aircraft, Volume I, L. Pazmany.
Don't rush to the bookstore - they don't have it. But you can buy this book now from Amazon!
It's full of not only the theories and formulas, but lots of pictures, drawings, fold-out diagrams, photographs, and great explanations of many different gear designs.
Includes diagrams showing why a Dragonfly doesn't tip over when you stand on the brakes, and why gear position is critical to accomplish that.
- Photo and diagram of Hoop Style gear on the Varieze, also from the above book.
- Aircraft Wheels, Brakes, and Antiskid Systems, by Dale Crane
- Aeropoxy PR2032/PH3660 can now be mixed exactly 3:1 by volume, rendering old weight ratio methods obsolete!
- An idea for an elevon (elevator/aileron) mixer for the canard
- Don Stewart's Weight and Balance Calculator
- Discussion of the Roncz R1145 as an alternative to the GU canard
Send me E-mail
Return to Main Dragonfly Page
Return to Dave's Main Page